Thursday 10 May 2012

The challenge

Hello everyone! I have thought up of an idea, a little challenge per say that I will attempt to accomplish often enough. The challenge will be to recreat outfits I find in magazines, on weheartit, other blogs etc with items that I find at the thrift store only! The only thing that I can not promise is that my shoes will always be thrifted seeing as I find it very hard to find my size of shoes at thrift stores... Hopefully me doing these little challenge's will help you guys see the potential in your own thrift stores and make you see that you can find very trendy pieces for a fraction of the retail price. So the first outfit I will recreat is this one I found on Weheartit.
And now for my version! I got this Tiger print top at value village (apparently this is store is called savers in the states) for 6 dollars. I realize the girl in the image above has a cheetah print shirt but I feel that the color, print and material were similar enough. I got these dark boot cut jeans, by bongo, at the bibles for mission thrift store for 4 dollars. My simple black belt with gold hardware that I got at goodwill for 3 dollars. I chose to wear these little slip on sandals that I got at giant tiger, I chose these since they werent very expensive soo I thought they would still work well in this thrifted outfit. I also wore this gold watch I purchased at goodwill for 2 dollars. I woulda worn shades but it was very rainy out today.

I wore this out to dinner for my boyfriend 19 birthday. We went out to this really cool restaurant where you pick out your own items, sorta like a buffet but the food is uncooked and somewhat unseasoned and you choose your own combanation of sauce and the chef cooks it infront of you. It was a pretty good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment