Tuesday 8 May 2012

dye day

Today was the first beautiful day in quite some time so I decided that it was time to do some dyeing projects I have been wanting to do. I was inspired by these distressed dyed studded shorts I have been seeing everywhere online! I knew I could easily diy these instead of paying the ridiculous price these companies ask for. Soo here it is :) Hope you guys enjoy!

My inspiration:
My interpretation:
Step 1: Find some denim shorts that you dont mind maybe messing up. I just cut up some old jeans that I did not wear anymore. You can distress them as much or as little as you like.
Step 2: Take an elastic band and separate the shorts into two sections, this will separate where the two colors go.
Step 2:  Mix up your dye and dip on section of shorts into it. You can follow the package instruction for the amount of time they sugest or you can just eyeball it.
Step 3: Once you finish one side, mix the other dye and repeat the exact same step on the other side.
Step 4: This is the final dye result.
Step 5: Add studs where you please. I studded one pair with some star studs and the other pair with pyramid studs I had left over from other projects.









No comments:

Post a Comment